Monday, September 30, 2024

 


That's me 27 years ago, two weeks after my first chemo treatment for Breast Cancer. As predicted, I lost all the hair on my head and couldn't believe how day-glo white my bald scalp was. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I'm convinced that's because it's when women finally have the time (after summer ends & school begins) to consider their own needs. My cancer (diagnosed in October) was picked up on a routine mammogram. I encourage all women to get an annual mammogram and see their doctor immediately if they find a suspicious lump. The past few decades have seen new innovative treatments resulting in lower mortality rates and improved quality of life for survivors like me. But you have to start the ball rolling. I was smiling in the picture above, doing my faux-Jerry Colonna impression, because I had just discovered carrots still growing in my garden.🥕
🥕🥕

In addition to ordering for pickup this Friday, Bonni Bakes makes a final Catskill Farmers Market appearance Sunday Oct 6 from 10-2. Stop by to say "hi" and get your fill of home baked goodies.


GRANDMA'S APPLE CAKE 
  $4/chunk



It's that time of year to celebrate Apple Season 
and we're lucky to have local orchards with fantastic varieties of apples. So it's only fitting to bake this classic old fashioned cake loaded with apples, cinnamon and tradition.


PUMPKIN DATE NUT MUFFIN    $3


I'm kicking off the Fall season with one of my favorite muffins. The spices are warm, dates are sweet, and toasted walnuts are spread throughout this moist muffin with a gentle pumpkin presence. I like to eat mine with a schmear of cream cheese.

RUGELACH   $5/pkg  4oz

A wonderful way to wish someone a "sweet new year", or celebrate  any day of the year, is with a batch of homemade Rugelach. These are handmade with a traditional cream cheese dough that bakes into a super flaky pastry. Filled with plump raisins, toasted walnuts, Saigon cinnamon and apricot jam, they melt in your mouth. 


BIG COOKIES   $3 each  or  4/$10



SALTED CHOCOLATE CHUNK



My version of America's favorite cookie, palm sized, filled with large chunks of bittersweet chocolate and a sprinkle of Maldon salt on top. It hits all the notes perfectly!


SNICKERDOODLE


Crisp outside, softer inside and covered in Saigon cinnamon sugar 
all over. You don't need a special event to reward yourself, you deserve a treat!


CHOCOLATE ORGASM  (with ALMONDS) 

VIRGIN CHOCOLATE ORGASM (NO NUTS) 



Some people don't like nuts in their cookies, but they shouldn't be denied the experience of this 
chocoholic's fantasy come true. Now there's a new option: VIRGIN  is nut free, while the original has ALMONDS.  Both are mostly melted Belgium bittersweet chocolate surrounding chunks of more chocolate and just enough flour to hold it together. Something for everyone!

OATMEAL RAISIN WALNUT



A classic that was my husband's favorite cookie...the toasty warmth of hearty oatmeal embellished with juicy raisins and crunchy toasted walnuts is filling, but you can always find room for another.

To place an order or join my mailing list, contact me at             bonnibakescatskill@gmail.com 

 

I will never share your personal information. If you have a request or question just drop me a note. I do special orders too. 


Have a wonderful week and bon appetit!  Bonni




No comments:

Post a Comment