Monday, March 10, 2014

YIKES, it's moving time AGAIN

My new tenants, Manatee Children's Services, are ready to start transforming my former BONNI BAKES Bakery/Cafe building into their new Center for the Arts & Bistro. They're planning on art classes, art consignment and great food. Can't wait!! That means I need to concentrate all week on moving my remaining things out, so I won't have time to bake this week. Imagine that I'm on vacation...if I were a masochist.

Here are some scenes from last Saturday in the Village of the Arts when the GIANT PUPPET HEAD PARADE weaved through the streets. "Frida Kahlo" (above) was created by Anna D'Aste of Little Swamp Studio (catch a glimpse of her smiling at Frida's waist).


These characters were made by Jo-Ellen Gorris of Clay in the Garden, who also created the hanging mural under my arbor. Years ago I had rhinoplasty to correct a deviated septum and most of the people in the plastic surgeon's waiting room had the same giant noses. And I thought only in New York City; guess I was wrong.


It was fun watching the little kids open the shutters of the row houses and put on a Munchkin Puppet Show. I finally repurposed the great box that held my IKEA couch into a tall Puppet Theatre complete with curtains and backdrop.


This week, while I'm shlepping, packing, unpacking & moving everything around, you might want to stop by the Palma Sola Farmers Market on Sunday from 11-3 where you'll find fresh picked farm-to-you organic veggies like these:
Magenta Lettuce, Kohlrabi and Red & Orange Carrots

I'm sorry that the timing means I won't be able to bake Hamantaschen in time for Purim, but I plan to make them the next week. Look for my next Blog Post on Monday March 17th (St Patrick's Day). Have a great week!!

Hugs from my kitchen,
Bonni

BONNI BAKES
in the Village of the Arts
932 12th St West
Bradenton, FL  34205

(941) 746-6647
bonnibakes@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment