Monday, March 24, 2014

OMG, it's almost April!


Now that I've finally moved my "stuff" out of the former BONNI BAKES bakery/cafe building, it's time for some serious soul searching. I'm committed to pare down my possessions to a precious few that I need, love & use. Since my TreeHouse has limited storage (and wall space), bigger pieces of furniture have to go. Like these: 


This "secretary" pre-dates me in the family. The desk panel folds down to be a writing surface and there are cubbies for small storage. The 3 drawers are perfect for linens, and the rounded "glass" display area holds a lot of china. The original finish was dark & alligatored, so it was re-finished & bleached to lighten the old wood. When the glass cracked it was replaced by plexi 30 years ago and has never yellowed.  $450



This delicate piece was my mother's writing desk. It is birds-eye maple and has also stood in as a side table or lamp table in many configurations, while maintaining a small footprint. All original hardware. $300 


My TreeHouse will be open for touring during the Village of the Arts Garden Walk, April 4 & 5, 11-4. If you've been curious to see how exciting 965 sq ft can be, please stop by. New this year is my second floor deck that has been enclosed & re-purposed as a casual living space. 


Also coming up is the Village Annual Brunch & Fashion Show on Sat April 19 from 10:30-12:30. Always a delicious brunch (I'll be providing some of the food), exciting fashions, music, art, door prizes & a fun time. Tickets are $35. For reservations & information call Vicki at (941) 302-1069.

Here's what I'm baking this week in my kitchen: 

CRANBERRY PECAN CORN MUFFIN    $2
More interesting than a boring plain old corn muffin. The buttery muffin body tastes like butter pecan with the toasted nuts, and then there are the sweet/tart cranberries. Yum!!



CINNAMON APPLE TWIST    $3.50   
I love Coffee Cake, but a whole ring is just too big for me. Now you can avoid the guilt & temptation, yet have enough to share with someone else...maybe. 


THE BIG COOKIE    $1.50 
Individually wrapped & available in the following flavors:  Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Orange Belgium Dark Chocolate Walnut, Oatmeal Raisin Walnut, Snickerdoodle, Pecan Coconut Belgium Milk Chocolate


CHOCOLATE ORGASM COOKIES    $5/pkg
My legendary chocolate delivery system made from melted Belgium Bittersweet chocolate, toasted fresh almonds, chocolate chips & very little flour. Sold in packages because you must have more than one.


RATNER'S ONION ROLLS    $3.50/pkg of 4
On the Lower East Side of NYC, Ratners Kosher Dairy Restaurant was an institution for most of the 20th century. These pillowy, onion flecked rectangles were their beloved signature rolls.


WHOLE WHEAT RAISIN WALNUT   $5   
When I went shopping with my Mom in Manhattan, we'd have lunch at "Chock Full 'O Nuts", devouring their Cream Cheese Nut sandwiches. This is my version of that bread, just add a schmear. 


ROSEMARY PARMIGIANO BREADSTIX    $4/pkg
The original product that launched BONNI BAKES in 1997. They reminded us of the crunchy NYC goodies we left behind when we moved to "biscuit soft" North Carolina. GO CRUNCHY GO!


JAM, CHUTNEY & MARINADE    $4/jar
This week's flavors are:  Mango ChutneyGinger Pear ChutneyTropical Tangerine MarinadeStrawberry  Mango Cardamom and Strawberry Balsamic Black Pepper (wonderful with sharp cheese as an appetizer).


 Everything always hand-made in small batches with the best ingredients & locally sourced when possible. No artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or fake stuff EVER!!

ORDER BY 5pm WED. &  PICK-UP  

FRIDAY  12-4 in the Village of the Arts
at BONNI's TreeHouse 
932 12 St W (down the driveway thru the white wrought iron gate) 

OR

SUNDAY 11-3 at Palma Sola Farmers Market
  at Geraldson's Community Farm, directions at
facebook.com/palmasolafarmersmarket


ALL ITEMS IN LIMITED SUPPLY...FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED

TO PLACE AN ORDER 
email  bonnibakes@gmail.com  
OR  
call me at (941) 746-6647 

   PAY BY CASH OR LOCAL CHECK TO BONNI BROWN  

 Hugs from my kitchen,
Bonni

1 comment: