Monday, December 15, 2014

My last Hurrah for 2014



Hope you got your bialy fix last week, I certainly did. I enjoyed one alongside a variety of small tomatoes just picked off the vines. Old favorites like Black Cherry and Juliet (mini Roma) are still my first choices. The Orange Grape Tomato that I bought at Earth Box happily tastes like a solid full size tomato but I'm not impressed by the pretty Yellow Cherry. Soon it will be time to plant for the next season. It's hard for me to wrap my brain around planting tomatoes in mid-winter.


I finally found the time to assemble my Holiday Tree, repurposed out of discarded Christmas Tree trimmings I picked up for free at Home Depot. It's built around the post that supports my mailbox and if you're hungry there are cello wrapped candy canes. Ho-ho-hum.


The other day I was blown away by the beauty of this magical sky, as viewed from my bedroom window. To me it was so reminiscent of the Vincent van Gogh "Starry Starry Night" poster I loved that hung on my bedroom wall as a kid.


This is also my last Blog & Menu for 2014. After baking & sharing with you this week I'm taking a two week hiatus to catch up on projects around the house. I won't be going away so if there is something you need for the holidays, call or email and I'll see if I can accommodate you. Best wishes for a JOYFUL HOLIDAY SEASON & HAPPY NEW YEAR! Look for my next blog on Jan 5, 2015


THIS WEEK'S MENU    Pick-up   Fri  Dec 19   1-5 pm

MORNING GLORY MUFFIN     $2
The marvelous combination of whole wheat, carrots, nuts, coconut, pineapple, apple and orange in a single muffin. Whole grain + fruit + veggie = perfect & filling for breakfast or a snack anytime.



THE BIG COOKIE     $1.50
Individually wrapped. Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin Walnut, Orange Walnut Belgium Bittersweet Chocolate, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Snickerdoodle, Pecan Coconut Belgium Milk Chocolate.  
                


CHOCOLATE ORGASM COOKIES     $5/pkg
My legendary chocolate delivery system made from melted Belgium Bittersweet chocolate, toasted fresh almonds, chocolate chips & very little flour. Sold in packages of 4 because you must have more than one & they fit easily into a stocking on the mantle.



JEWISH APPLE CAKE    $3/pkg
Just like my  Grandma used to bake for Friday night. Never too sweet, but delicate, moist and packed with cinnamon coated chunks of fresh apple. Perfect for dessert, a snack, or an accompaniment to coffee & tea.



CRANBERRY MACADAMIA BISCOTTI     $2.50/pkg
This twice baked cookie is ready to celebrate with its plump cranberries, toasted macadamia nuts and white chocolate drizzle. Pass the espresso & I'll dunk to that.


MINI KNISHES     $3/pkg of 8
It's the nosh of the season in convenient mini form. A paper thin dough encloses either the classic potato/onion filling or the newer sweet potato/scallion filling. Enjoy a mix of both.


CHEDDAR MINI BOULE    $3
This petite loaf of bread, perfect for two, boasts the crisp outer skin of a baguette, but inside its heart comes alive with a volcano of Cheddar cheese.


KALAMATA ROSEMARY FICELLE      $2.50/loaf 
Thinner than a baguette with a crusty outside & soft interior, and punctuated by lots of winey Kalamata olives and fresh rosemary from my organic garden. 


JAM  or  CHUTNEY  $4/jar        
Check out my new flavors this season, as well as the classics. Choose from: 
Mango Chutney, Blueberry Lime Jam, Ginger Pear ChutneyPineapple Daiquiri Jam,  Blueberry Pineapple Fusion Jam, Mango Margarita Jam.


No artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or fake stuff EVER!!

ORDER BY 5pm WEDNESDAY

all items in limited supply... first come, first served


PICK UP FRIDAY 1-5 pm at Bonn's Treehouse

in the Village of the Arts

   932 12th Street West 
(down the driveway thru the white wrought iron gate) 


TO PLACE AN ORDER 

email bonnibakes@gmail.com  
  
or call me at (941) 746-6647 

   PAY BY CASH OR LOCAL CHECK TO BONNI BROWN  

 Hugs from my kitchen,
Bonni

No comments:

Post a Comment