Monday, May 18, 2015

What decade is it anyway?




I seem to be lost between the  '40s to '60s if you measure me by my surroundings. I've been organizing some of the vintage items, including kitchen tools, dishes & linens. These pictures are just an example of what there is.  At long last I've gone through a lot of garden items, from small pots to substantial crocks. I used some of them to make pickles from our garden but they'd also work for sauerkraut or kimchi.


There are lots of odd things like an original metal frame from a 1960 Butterfly chair; hand forged andirons; old coal bucket, irons and assorted vintage glass light fixtures.

You'll be able to take an early look when you pick up your order this Friday afternoon. The SALE will be advertised to the general public for SAT May 23 from 11-4. Come to the former BONNI BAKES building at 930 12th St W, not my TreeHouse.  Sorry no credit cards.

I apologize for how frazzled I was last Friday. Just as I was about to put 3 loaves of bread dough in my home oven, ALL electric suddenly went off. Turns out that another FPL pole was being installed behind my house. Scrambling to get 6 loaves of bread & 3 trays of rugelach baked in time took the wind out of my sails. I've decided to lower my expectations of what I can get done in a given amount of time, and hope things go more smoothly this week. Taking a few deep breaths should help too.

I received sad news that an incredible woman, Libby Blatt, died this week at age 92. She had a long musical career as a bass player & was a member of Quin Tango. She only stopped touring a few years ago. Libby was also the person who hand wrote the original recipe that became my BONNI BAKES' Stromboli. I was fortunate enough to meet her over lunch once & she lit up the room. What an amazing lady & inspiration. The world is a little darker today. To see what you missed, here she is playing with Quin Tango.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKoxtMVl-qo
If that fabulous music makes you hungry, keep reading.

THIS WEEK'S MENU     Pick-up  Fri  May 22   1-5 pm

THE BIG COOKIE    $1.50
Each cookie has its own personality & unique flavor profile. Some are seductive, using the allure of Belgium chocolate to get your attention. Others invoke memories of childhood or a less complicated time. Find your match amongst Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin Walnut, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Snickerdoodle, Pecan Coconut Belgium Milk Chocolate. 



CHOCOLATE ORGASM COOKIES     $5/pkg
My legendary chocolate delivery system made with melted Belgium bittersweet chocolate throughout, toasted fresh almonds, chocolate chips & very little flour. Sold in packages of 4 because you must have more than one.


ORANGE CRANBERRY MUFFIN     $2
A perennial favorite that blends the tartness of fresh cranberries with the mellow sweetness of Florida oranges, all within the gentle embrace of your hand. How perfect.


JEWISH COFFEE CAKE    $3/slice
Sitting down to a cup of tea or coffee with a hefty piece of cake is a Jewish tradition. In many places around the world this Coffee Cake, filled with chocolate, walnuts & cinnamon, is what you'll be offered...if you're lucky.


BLUEBERRY SCONE   $2.50
Insanely delicious, moist & bursting with loads of fresh blueberries. I rarely make them because they are such a pain, involving things like grating frozen butter by hand. Snag one while you can.


PESTO SWIRLED BRIOCHE ROLL     $1.50
I was looking for a new way to use the fresh pesto I've been making with my organic basil crop. A soft egg enriched roll enhanced by the addition of basil, Parmesan, garlic & nuts sounds right to me. Pair it with salad, soup or a cuppa something.


ROSEMARY CHEESE OLIVE FICELLE      $2.50/loaf 
Thinner than a baguette with a crusty outside & soft interior; and punctuated by fresh cheese, olives, capers & aromatic rosemary from my organic garden. Plenty of flavor to go around.


JAM & CHUTNEY      $4/jar 
Made in small batches with locally available fruit, including Keitt mangoes & Meyer lemons from my own pesticide-free trees. GINGER PEAR CHUTNEY, BERRY BASKET JAM or MANGO PINEAPPLE RUM JAM.


No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives EVER!!

ORDER BY 5pm WEDNESDAY

all items in limited supply... first come, first served


PICK UP FRIDAY 1-5 pm at former BONNI BAKES bldg

in the Village of the Arts

   930 12th Street West 




TO PLACE AN ORDER 

email bonnibakes@gmail.com  
  
or call me at (941) 746-6647 

   PAY BY CASH OR LOCAL CHECK TO BONNI BROWN  

 Hugs from my kitchen,

Bonni

No comments:

Post a Comment