Tuesday, March 31, 2015

MY KITCHEN IS CLOSED THIS WEEK

There won't be anything on the BONNI BAKES Menu this week since I'm still in Maryland. Due to the unusually cold weather their famous cherry blossoms are a week behind and won't bloom in time for the Cherry Blossom Festival. When I arrived some little flowers were struggling to bloom.



But over the course of a few days Spring has finally sprung.


One of the goals of my trip has been to teach a couple of select people how to create my classic BONNI BAKES Thin Crust Pizza from scratch. Of course they are sworn to secrecy and their identities are protected. There are now four certified people in the US and one in Canada.



This coming weekend is the Village of the Arts Garden Walk on Friday & Saturday from 11-4. It will be the last opportunity to tour my TreeHouse before I ultimately move back up north. My late, and gREAt, husband Rea drew the original footprint for the building before he died. A year later I took up pencil & paper and designed the interior to reflect my needs. 


The house is under 1,000 square feet but feels very spacious, light & airy. I've used recycled materials, plexiglass, energy & space saving items, split a/c, on-demand hot water heater & the talents of Village artists. You're welcome to tour all of it, including the former deck that has been enclosed, during this weekend's Garden Walk.

If you haven't taken the time to secure your reservations for the April 11th Village of the Arts Annual Brunch & Fashion Show, please do it quickly. This is our only fundraiser & it sells out quickly. The extensive brunch offerings will include my mini bialys with a choice of fillings. It's always a delightful time, filled with beautiful fashions on models you might recognize. Call Vicki at (941) 302-1069 for reservations.




Next Monday I report for Jury Duty at 8am. If it appears that I won't be involved in a week long trial, I'll be back in the kitchen. For the answer to the mystery of will there be BONNI BAKES offerings that week or not, read my April 6th blog.
                              Hugs from my kitchen,

                                                  Bonni



Enter Bonni's Treehouse in the Village of the Arts


932 12th Street West 

(down the driveway thru the white wrought iron gate) 


bonnibakes@gmail.com  
  
(941) 746-6647 

No comments:

Post a Comment